You can find car warranties from reputable companies by searching online. Online warranty shopping makes it easy to compare rates and benefits from the comfort of your home.
Keep in mind that if you are purchasing a new car from a dealership, you will likely not have a choice. But you can get an aftermarket warranty to cover parts and problems not covered on the purchase warranty. Some reputable car warranty companies include the following:
- Carchex gives you the biggest variety of options that are affordable for all budgets.
- Concord is known for its quality customer service.
- Endurance is a great choice if you travel a lot or put a lot of miles on your vehicle.
- Infinite Auto Protection is a budget-friendly option if you need just basic coverage.
- Liberty Bell accepts more makes and models of vehicles than other companies, making it a clear choice if you have an unusual or rare vehicle.
Used cars that come with warranties are usually limited. They may only cover certain repair costs for the first three to six months.
It can take up to 30 days for a new warranty policy to take effect. So, you will not be able to buy a warranty when your car breaks down. Similarly, the warranty may only cover new repairs and not existing problems.
Consider the cost of a warranty and the likelihood of needing it. You may end up spending more on a policy than you would on repair bills. Make sure that the policy provides enough coverage to make the expense worth it.